Whether you're breaking down film solo or collaborating with a group of coaches, make sure to review our Guidelines for Breakdown and remember that everything in Filmroom happens in real time, including game breakdown data for Stats and Scheme.
- If time is limited and you have to choose between Stats and Scheme, use your time to enter Stats for every play. Even without Scheme data, Filmroom Tendency Reports will give you strong, actionable data.
- If you have time to enter both Stats and Scheme, start with Stats for the reason mentioned above.
- Are you breaking down games alone because your existing software is too complicated for your coaching staff? This is your chance to remove that excuse. We hear from our coaches that Filmroom's simplicity has deepened their pool of candidates for film breakdown.
Collaborative Breakdown with 2 Coaches
- Coach 1 - complete the Stats tab for every play in order. Most of the routine data will be automatically entered by our Predictive Stats Engine, so you'll probably finish before Coach 2.
- Coach 2 - enter Scheme data for every play in whatever order (and in whatever detail) suits your breakdown needs.
- The order of Scheme data entry doesn't matter (and none of the data is required) so when Stats are done, ask Coach 1 to jump in to help. If you're more offensive-minded you could focus first on Scheme for offense and then ask Coach 1 to handle defense.
Collaborative Breakdown with 3+ Coaches
- Coach 1 - complete the Stats tab for every play in order. Most of the routine data will be automatically entered by our Predictive Stats Engine, so we strongly recommend assigning only one coach at a time to Stats.
- Coach 2 - enter Offensive Scheme data for every play in whatever detail suits your breakdown needs.
- Coach 3 - enter Defensive Scheme data for every play in whatever detail suits your breakdown needs.
- The order of Scheme data entry doesn't matter, so if you have more than three coaches you can divide the work to very small areas of responsibility. For example, you could assign Coach 4 to "Offensive Personnel", Coach 5 to "Formation", Coach 6 to "Play" and so on.